[Solved] Clipboard and Drag-drop not working

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Zlatan40

[Solved] Clipboard and Drag-drop not working

Post by Zlatan40 »

Hi everybody
I'm new user of VB
My host is Win Pro 64
Guests Win 7 64, Win 10 64
Extension package is installed

I have set the bidirectionnal option on clipboard and drag and drop, but it's not working on both guests

Did I missed something ? I have seen many clipboard problem topics with linux but not windows.

Thanks,
Loïc
Attachments
Win 10 x64-2017-10-18-13-34-06.log
log win 7
(100.75 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Last edited by socratis on 20. Oct 2017, 04:59, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Clipboard and Drag-drop not working

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox VM 5.1.28 r117968 win.amd64 (Sep 13 2017 10:02:48) release log
00:00:00.985637   Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack (Version: 5.1.30 r118389; VRDE Module: VBoxVRDP)
The Extension Pack (ExtPack) get installed on the host and it has to match the VirtualBox version. It provides functionality such as USB2-3, Webcam, VRDP, PXE, PCI passthrough on Linux hosts, VDI Encryption. That's not going to solve your clipboard problem, it's simply something that you have to look into.

On the other hand, the Guest Additions (GAs) get installed on the guest and it would be good to match the VirtualBox version, for anything other than enhanced graphics support. It provides functionality such as shared folders, shared clipboard, drag and drop, pointer sharing, enhanced graphics support. You do not have to download it separately from the main VirtualBox program, since it comes bundled with it.

You have not installed the GAs. With the VM running, go to the menu: Devices » Insert Guest Additions CD Image... If the program doesn't run automatically, navigate to the CD and run "VBoxWindowsAdditions.exe".

PS. I deleted one of your two logs, there was no reason for two of them. Plus for future reference you should ZIP your logs. It helps save a (virtual) tree or two...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Zlatan40

Post by Zlatan40 »

Thanks, I have installed it. Drag and drop is working, copy paste is working only with text, not with files.
Anyway it's fine for me :-)

Thanks a lot
Attachments
Win 7 x64-2017-10-19-20-53-42.zip
(21.76 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Zlatan40 wrote:copy paste is working only with text, not with files
That's the only thing it works with, this is a known "limitation".

Thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.