[Resolved] Windows guest can't detect my iPhone

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
tipi64

Re: Windows guest can't detect my iPhone

Post by tipi64 »

Yep, RTFM I know :)

I didn't try after the add of my user in the vboxusers group.

Now, restarting my guest, I saw all the USB devices connected, such as the mouse, the keyboard and the phone. WE DID IT :lol:

BTW, I can access to its storage by default, I mean without creating an USB filter. What is the goal of a filter? Automate the process of connexion?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

tipi64 wrote:Now, restarting my guest, I saw all the USB devices connected, such as the mouse, the keyboard and the phone.
Because if you kept that blank filter, you're going to capture every USB device. The filter allows you to ... filter what you capture and limit it to specific devices, instead of everything under the sun.
tipi64 wrote:I can access to its storage by default, I mean without creating an USB filter.
Some hosts allow for that kind of operation, like some Linux hosts. Not all of the hosts do, so that's the safest way to do things.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
tipi64

Post by tipi64 »

Oh shit, I didn't remember I let a blank filter, that's why I didn't understand why all the USB devices where captured.

Sorry for this waste of time, and a huge thank you for your patience and your help. :)

I just finished to save my iPhone through the guest, I have been waiting for this moment for months!

Do I need to do a new topic about the drag&drop function that was not working in my case? :roll:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

tipi64 wrote:Do I need to do a new topic about the drag&drop function that was not working in my case?
Yes, it's got nothing to do with your USB device. Glad you got it going finally! ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.