Windows 10 freezes on blue logo.

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
BartekXD522

Windows 10 freezes on blue logo.

Post by BartekXD522 »

VirtualBox version: 5.1.28-117968 PUEL
Host: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 6GB RAM
Guest: Windows 10 Pro x32 3GB RAM
Virtual machine runs. Windows logo arrives, then loading about 1 second, and virtual cd drive stops loading (0% activity). (Sorry for bad English).
Attachments
Logs.zip
(44.73 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 freezes on blue logo.

Post by socratis »

From your log:
00:00:02.446724 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is not available
Enable VT-x (hardware acceleration, virtualization) on your computer BIOS, or see if anything else is using it. You must make sure Hyper-V or XP-mode is not enabled on the host. Check also if you have any antivirus which is using hardware acceleration; disable it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BartekXD522

Post by BartekXD522 »

My processor doesn't support VT-X (for now I can't post links, but Intel site says: VT-X - no (Pentium B960)), Hyper-V enabled (I tired also with KVM, minimal and off), antivirus real time protect disabled, and the same effect.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I'm sorry, *I* should have looked it up myself from the logs. You are right, your Intel Pentium B960 does not support VT-x. In that case I'm afraid you are out of options. Windows 10 requires VT-x to run. No way around it, no fixes. You can't even run it natively on your computer. Anything Win>7 requires VT-x.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.