Guest Windows 7 not correctly Full screen

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Thameera

Guest Windows 7 not correctly Full screen

Post by Thameera »

Hi,

After I have updated the machine (Oracle Linux 7.4, 3.8.13-118.19.4.el7uek.x86_64) Virtualbox full screen not working properly. 1st time, starting the machine, Screen correctly adjust and full screen work normally. But if I go back to the Physical machine and back to the VM, VM will not be full screen properly. Please find the attached. Screen is not properly set as the mouse click is not correct as well. I check auto resize option not choose. It would be great if anyone can help how to solve this problem.

Kind Regards,
Thameera
Attachments
Vbox Issue.png
Vbox Issue.png (54.99 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Guest Windows 7 not correctly Full screen

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
Thameera

Post by Thameera »

Sorry for the delay. I haven't got notification of the reply as I forgot to tick the option. Sorry once again for the delay. Please find the log attached.
Attachments
VBox-Logs.zip
VBox-Logs
(89.33 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Please only provide one log next time. I have no need for four copies, it just wastes server space.

As I suspected, you have not installed the Guest Additions. All you did was mount the GAs CD in the drive. Windows 7 has no autorun, so you need to manually launch the installer from the CD.

I also suggest that you install the extension pack on the host if you need USB2+ for the guest.

27MB for display RAM seems a tad low. I'd up this to 64MB or even 128MB. And perhaps enable 2D acceleration.
Thameera

Post by Thameera »

My bad didn't knew its the same log as it showed in the same windows. I installed again and results is the same. This occurs after update the kernel. before it was working perfectly.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

As I said, you have to run the GAs installer manually. Doing the same as you did before will not fix the problem.

I don't see how this could have been working fine before a host kernel update. You have not installed the GAs - it's hard to mistake that, and it's even harder to see how a host update could change the guest, unless it also involved misuse of VM snapshots etc.
Thameera

Post by Thameera »

Hi,

I already did installed the GA. Please find the attached. Last what I did was update update the linux machine.
Attachments
Oracle VM-GA.png
Oracle VM-GA.png (60.59 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Well the log provided definitely does not show the GAs running, so whether or not this was caused by a host kernel update it is the basic fact we need to work with.

I guess I would first try uninstalling the GAs and then installing them again.
Thameera

Post by Thameera »

I uninstall GA and reinstall. Result still the same. Then I remove VirtualBox and reinstall again. Still the same results. Not sure what cause this problem all of the sudden. Any other logs i can search for ?