[Solved]Can't set 2.0 or 3.0 USB controller in the configuration

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
ruk1n

[Solved]Can't set 2.0 or 3.0 USB controller in the configuration

Post by ruk1n »

Hello,

When I try to set the USB configuration menu with 2.0 or 3.0 I get the following message :
Implementation of the USB 2.0 controller not found!
Because the USB 2.0 controller state is part of the saved VM state, the VM cannot be started. To fix this problem, either install the 'Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack' or disable USB 2.0 support in the VM settings.
Note! This error could also mean that an incompatible version of the 'Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack' is installed (VERR_NOT_FOUND).

Code d'erreur :
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Composant :
ConsoleWrap
Interface :
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
Host OS is Ubuntu 16.04
Guest is Windows 10
Virtualbox version is 5.0.40_Ubuntu r115130
VB extension pack was already installed from VBoxGuestAdditions_5.0.40.iso

Any clue ?

Thanks in advance for your help
--
ruk1n
Last edited by ruk1n on 22. Aug 2017, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Can't set 2.0 or 3.0 USB controller in the configuration

Post by scottgus1 »

ruk1n wrote:Any clue ?
Yes:
ruk1n wrote:VB extension pack was already installed from VBoxGuestAdditions_5.0.40.iso
Extension Pack and Guest Additions are two different things. GAs go in the guest via the ISO. EP is downloaded separately from the Virtualbox installer and goes on the host.

And you can't change hardware on the guest until it is properly shut down. Start it then shut it down nicely from within the guest OS. If you can't start the guest, even after rebooting the host, right-click the guest and choose Discard Saved State. This will cause the guest OS to restart as if the plug were pulled on it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

ruk1n wrote:Virtualbox version is 5.0.40_Ubuntu r115130
That's not the official VirtualBox version, that's the Ubuntu fork. Please uninstall/delete/purge that one (the one from the Ubuntu store) and download the official one before attempting to install the ExtPack, which you also have to download from the official site: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ruk1n

Post by ruk1n »

It works now !
Many thanks for your help
--
ruk1n