Win XP VM Crashes lately, Win 10 Host

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Seargaca

Win XP VM Crashes lately, Win 10 Host

Post by Seargaca »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and I need your help.

I've been unable to run the XP VM for two days, the same VM that was working fine for more than three years. It just crash on startup.

Nothing has changed but some Win 10 Automatic Updates.

The first symptom was that the VM Administrator stopped tu run at all, so I installed the latest version to date (Aug 1, 2017).

The last activity performed while working fine was deleting some user files to free up some HD space in the virtual disk, to achieve 1.5 GB of free space.

Thanks in advance.

:D
Attachments
VBoxHardening.log.zip
(24.01 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
VBox.log.zip
(44.09 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Win XP VM Crashes lately, Win 10 Host

Post by scottgus1 »

From the log:

Code: Select all

00:00:02.648808 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
Virtualbox has been taking to need VT-x even on guests that didn't need it before. See I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests for fixes, even if your guest is 32-bit.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Seargaca wrote:Nothing has changed but some Win 10 Automatic Updates.
That's a big update, not a minor one. It's similar to reinstalling your OS. You'll have to reinstall VirtualBox after such a Win10 update (you know who to blame, right?). And to add to the comment by 'scottgus1', check and make sure that Hyper-V is not enabled, it has a tendency to do it without asking.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Seargaca

Post by Seargaca »

Thanks a lot, Scottgus1 and Socratis. :D
Solved after enable virtualization settings in BIOS.
Thanks again.