VRDP to specific monitor

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
eddolls

VRDP to specific monitor

Post by eddolls »

Hi everyone,

I have a windows 10 guest on a ubuntu host which i use VRDP to connect too from a windows 7 remote computer, the windows 10 guest is setup with 2 virtual monitors.
Is it possible for one remote computer to connect to just the second monitor and another computer to connect to just the first?
erdeslawe
Volunteer

Re: VRDP to specific monitor

Post by erdeslawe »

eddolls

Post by eddolls »

Thankyou erdeslawe, sorry i should of read that first, but i still cant get it to work. :oops:

I have tried connecting with @2\user in the user field but it only ever connects to screen 1, i have also enabled vrdemulticon on the server and checked its enabled with showvminfo. i have attached my client settings, maybe i'm doing something stupid.
Attachments
vrdp.png
vrdp.png (56.65 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
eddolls

Post by eddolls »

ok, ive just tried it on another remote computer and it worked, so it must be something to do with my remote pc?
eddolls

Post by eddolls »

i have no found i can get it to work if i tick the "allow me to save credentials" box
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Interesting "option" to make it work... I'll try to remember that. Thanks for the feedback!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.