How to Make Internet Speed Faster on Windows 7

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Unibubble

How to Make Internet Speed Faster on Windows 7

Post by Unibubble »

I'm using a Mac and running Windows 7 on a virtual machine and the internet download speed is incredibly slow, like a few hundred kilobytes or mostly just non existent. The internet works, but it's also very slow. Does anyone know how to configure the network settings in a way that makes it the fastest? Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: How to Make Internet Speed Faster on Windows 7

Post by socratis »

There is nothing to configure that changes the speed <1>. I suggest you check the site that you're downloading from and the overall network speed of your host. May I suggest a couple of applications, so that you know what's available on your system at any given time? What I do, is to have several monitor tools running at all times. Your preference may vary, but you can use either of them (I use all of them concurrently): And remember that if you're uploading a lot (like Torrent), your download speed will drop.

In any event, with the VM shut down completely, right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager, "Show Log", save the 1st one only, ZIP IT and attach it to your response.

<1>: actually there is one method to limit the download speed, but it's advanced, you would know if you had done that. Unless somebody else gave you the VM.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.