My VirtualBox didnt start...

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
AlbertoC

My VirtualBox didnt start...

Post by AlbertoC »

Hi everybody:

I have a Virtual Box Version 5.1.14 r112924 (Qt5.6.2) running on Windows 10.

The Virtual Machine that I have is Windows 7.

Yesterday worked properly, but this morning show me the error:

A critical error has ocurred.

Im attaching the Log File.

Please somene could help me.

Thanks.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(43.94 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: My VirtualBox didnt start...

Post by mpack »

This VM is so badly configured that I'm surprised by your claim that it ever worked.
VBox.log wrote: 00:00:01.758105 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
Disable Hyper-v on the host if enabled. Then enter the host BIOS and make sure VT-x is enabled.

I'm surprised you didn't give the VM 2 cores, since you have a quad core i7 host. Like any PC the VM will seem to run a lot smoother if the the OS has a dedicated core it can use for background tasks while a second core looks after you.

18MB graphics RAM is not enough for a modern graphically oriented OS. I would increase to 128MB.

200GB is IMHO a tad big for the primary hd of a Win7-32bit VM. Still, hopefully your host can afford it, and its certainly better than being too small.

You seem to be selecting a 24bit graphics mode in the guest. This is almost certainly incorrect. Your host is almost certainly using a 32bit graphics mode so if you want to avoid software conversion overhead then the guest needs to be using a 32bit color mode as well.

The extension pack is not installed: USB2 and USB3 will not be available.
VBox.log wrote: 00:00:25.351109 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.0.32 r112930 '5.0.32'
The Guest Additions could do with an update.