Replicate state of the physical ethernet connection

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
moli34

Replicate state of the physical ethernet connection

Post by moli34 »

Hello,

I am using a windows seven ultimate virtual machine with a windows seven host.
On the host I have an ethernet adapter and on the virtual machine I have bridged this ethernet adapter. When I disconnect physicaly the RJ45 on the host, the connection is still active on the virtual machine.
On vmware player, there is an option "replicate physical network connection state" which allows to see the ethernet adapter as disconnected on the virtual machine when the connection is disconnected on the host. Is there the same parameter on a vbox virtual machine? if no is there any workaround to disconnect the ethernet adapter on the virtual machine when we disconnect the RJ45 cable on the host?
Thanks in advance for your help.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Replicate state of the physical ethernet connection

Post by socratis »

Sort of writing a small script that identifies the state of your actual connection and issues the appropriate VBoxManage command, there's nothing built in.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.