I can't open any virtual machine...

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
PMC

I can't open any virtual machine...

Post by PMC »

Hi,
I'm running Windows 7 as the host and would like to create a Windows 7 guest VM.

No matter how I try it, I cannot successfully open a Virtual Machine to the point where I can install the OS.
I've tried everything I can think of including installing in different paths and with different VB options when creating the virtual machine.

I've included the relevant log as well as screen shots of errors I received after the latest install. I have to admit, the log is way over my head. It sure is big.

Please help me. I'm totally out of ideas and am afraid I may commit violence on a computing device.
( satisfying, but, oh so counter-productive )

Thank you very much!
-PMC
Attachments
VBoxHardening.log
(40.37 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
ErrorStartingVM_2.jpg
ErrorStartingVM_2.jpg (69.89 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
ErrorStartingVM_1.jpg
ErrorStartingVM_1.jpg (67.11 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: I can't open any virtual machine...

Post by scottgus1 »

That error number "-1073741790" looks familiar, but I can't remember where I have seen it here on the forums.

First, be sure you installed the right way. Did you right-click the installer icon and choose "Run As Administrator" from the right-click menu? If not, uninstall Virtualbox, reboot, and re-install using Right-Click-Run-As-Administrator. be sure Malwarebytes and any other antivirus are off and not scanning or active-protecting while you install Virtualbox.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Malwarebytes and Microsoft Malware Protection.

If that doesn't work, open a Run-As-Admin command prompt and run the command "sfc /scannow"