fail to start any virtual machine

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: fail to start any virtual machine

Post by scottgus1 »

If you installed 5.0.32 after you ran the "sfc /scannow", then I would ask you to run it one more time. Beyond that, and the fresh host OS test suggested above, I wouldn't know what else to do.
ang

Post by ang »

scottgus1 wrote:If you installed 5.0.32 after you ran the "sfc /scannow", then I would ask you to run it one more time. Beyond that, and the fresh host OS test suggested above, I wouldn't know what else to do.
I installed a new windows 7 (from usb pen drive), no drivers or softwares, same problem :(

Perhaps I have to update my windows, but I am scared that it will go even slower trying to identify which update will resolve this issue.
Or I should try another windows version (without licence) to test this issue.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(13.48 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
tomas_h@remm.cz

fail to start any virtual machine same problem

Post by tomas_h@remm.cz »

The virtual machine 'FM RDP' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\Tom\VirtualBox VMs\FM RDP\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Hi, after a very long troublefree use of VirtualBox, something happened (maybe win update, I'm not sure), and I can not run any Virtulating Machine.(vdi)
I have read many tips on how to solve the problem, unsuccessfully. (here, on youtube, etc.). I post the logs, can you please advise me ??
p.s. the situation is the same as in WIN7 and WIN10
with regards , Tom
Attachments
VB.zip
log VM machine
(44.91 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

tomas_h@...
Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement...

I'd start by uninstalling AVG...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
tomas_h@remm.cz

Post by tomas_h@remm.cz »

I have disabled windows update, I have returned to the old OS image, VB worked correctly, after some time ,the situation was repeated, followed by a return to the original inage windows, the VB worked correctly, and again the error occurred. I did not update any windows or drivers, AVG instaled, when VB worked correcly..
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Computers do not spontaneously mutate, and even more certainly don't do it repeatedly, so clearly updates are being installed which stop VirtualBox working.