App using OpenGL asserts in Visual Studio

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
tom.isaacson

App using OpenGL asserts in Visual Studio

Post by tom.isaacson »

I have an app written in C++ that runs in Visual Studio 2013. This works fine in a Windows 7 VM but when I upgraded to Windows 10 I find it asserts when attempting to use OpenGL. The app works on Windows 10 without a VM. I've tried turning 3D and 2D acceleration off but it makes no difference.

This happens on hosts using MacOS and Linux.

Since this didn't happen in Windows 7, is there any way of turning off the OpenGL support in VirtualBox so my app goes back to thinking that OpenGL isn't supported?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: App using OpenGL asserts in Visual Studio

Post by socratis »

Do you have a small example code (reproducible) that you can share?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
tom.isaacson

Post by tom.isaacson »

I've attached this to the ticket I raised:
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16363
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Thank you both for reporting back and for referencing the ticket number. I hope 'aeichner' who's shown an interest in this can help you. I will add a comment, just to keep me in the loop. Thanks again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.