OpenGL Drawing in Photoshop

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Androix
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Win10

OpenGL Drawing in Photoshop

Post by Androix »

Hello everyone

I'd like to use the OpenGL Drawing in Photoshop, therefore I've to use my Graphics Processor. How can I add it to the VB? I neither know hardware nor VB well, so please try to keep everything simple :wink:

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Last edited by socratis on 29. Dec 2016, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to something more appropriate.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: OpenGL Drawing in Photoshop

Post by socratis »

Androix wrote:I neither know hardware nor VB well, so please try to keep everything simple
There is one solution, but according to you, it's not for you. It requires at least two graphics cards, a Linux host, a lot of patience, know-how and it still might not work, since it's experimental.

If you're still interested, read Ch. 9.6 PCI passthrough from the User Manual. Remember that you won't get too many users that have succeeded, so help will be scarce.

PS. I really would like to think that you didn't mean to put the original title and it was an accident...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.