Windows 7 keep switching to basic mode

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
roei.meiri9

Windows 7 keep switching to basic mode

Post by roei.meiri9 »

I promise I tried like everything I could to solved it, but nothing change..
Damm.. even windows can't understand whats going on...

Well let me explain.
Each and every time I open windows 7 (ultimate, btw), the windows start with the normal aero theme, and after 10 seconds it switches to the Basic Theme.
So I tried to play with the settings, add 2D and 3D Acceleration, played with the video memory size and even installed the system again and the drivers something like a million times!

And no metter what I'm doing, nothing is change. :roll:

Now the wired thing, is that the "problem solution" thingy tries to find the problem and suddenly everything go on as should be.
UNTIL I REASTART THE SYSTEM.
Also that "aero fixer", have no idea about any problem.

Also, it seems like I'm the only one in the world who had this wierd expirient.
I maybe dumb, or my version of windows is a faked one, or maybe something is missing in the settings, or maybe I found a new mysteries bug that orcal should fix, but something is not right, and I realy wants to fix it..

Any help.. please?

Thanks from advance,
roei.meiri9
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 7 keep switching to basic mode

Post by socratis »

roei.meiri9 wrote:or my version of windows is a faked one,
If it is, we can't help you I'm afraid, because we can't possibly know what part is not the rogue one.

In order to better understand the problem you need to submit some more information. Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.