No Sound Driver Windows 10 Edge

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Dow

No Sound Driver Windows 10 Edge

Post by Dow »

Follow link for details ...

No Sound Driver available within the edge
Last edited by Dow on 23. Dec 2016, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: No Sound Driver Windows 10 Edge

Post by mpack »

I'm not going to click any offsite links. If you have a VirtualBox problem then please describe it here.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

For those, like mpack and myself, that do not want to visit 3rd party links, I used a throwaway VM to visit the link. It was a series of pictures and here's the summary of the picto-story:
  1. Microsoft VirtualBox VM from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... tools/vms/ version 15.14959.
  2. Sound enabled in the VM settings: CoreAudio, ICH AC97.
  3. Windows device manager failing to detect the audio device.
  4. VirtualBox 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2).
@Dow
Change the audio controller to "Intel HD Audio". That should fix it. The ones responsible for the OVA made a mistake in the default configuration.

In the future, do NOT direct people to another site. Include all the information as text in your message. In the forum please.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dow

Post by Dow »

Thank you i didn't see this option in the list or i would have tried it .. and it did work appreciate your time
Dow

Post by Dow »

I am looking into some static sound issues now .. i think i saw another thread talking about these ..
Dow

Post by Dow »

Static nearly gone with the latest upgrade of Virtual Box
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Yes, sound is a sensitive issue. They tried to change the whole audio subsystem in 5.1.0, but it created more problems than it solved. In 5.1.10 they had to revert back to the audio from 5.0.x until they get this resolved.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.