trasnfer files form wondows10 os to vm windows 10 os

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
spongshga

trasnfer files form wondows10 os to vm windows 10 os

Post by spongshga »

i need help i want to transfer files from my genrel windows 10 to the vm windows 10.
can you help me?

what i have done
- i have add "Gemeinsamer Ordner" by VirtualBox
- i have creat a folder on desktop on my system for the vm
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: trasnfer files form wondows10 os to vm windows 10 os

Post by scottgus1 »

"Gemeinsamer Ordner" appears to be German for "shared folder"

You have two choices to get data into a running guest. You can set up a real network between the host and the guest, and use the OS methods for accessing the shared folder on the host. (Bridged or Host-Only - see section 6 in the manual)

Or you can use the Guest Additions Shared Folders, which does not require a real network, but does require you to install the Guest Additions in the guest OS, and is only for transferring files not for running programs or databases. (see section 4.3 in the manual) The Guest Additions Shared Folders can be found in the guest by looking for the "networked PC" called \\vbxsvr.

Please feel free to use your native language if you want to, and we can Google Translate.
Google Translate, Deutsche wrote:Sie haben zwei Möglichkeiten, um Daten in einem laufenden Gast zu bekommen. Sie können ein reales Netzwerk zwischen dem Host und dem Gast einrichten und die Methoden für den Zugriff auf den freigegebenen Ordner auf dem Host verwenden. (Bridged oder Host-Only - siehe Abschnitt 6 im Handbuch)

Oder Sie können die Guest Additions Shared Folders verwenden, die kein reales Netzwerk benötigen, aber erfordert, dass Sie die Guest Additions im Gast-Betriebssystem installieren und nur für die Übertragung von Dateien nicht für die Ausführung von Programmen oder Datenbanken erforderlich sind. (Siehe Abschnitt 4.3 im Handbuch) Die Guest Additions Shared Folders finden Sie im Gast auf der Suche nach dem vernetzten PC namens \\vbxsvr..

Fühlen Sie bitte sich frei, Ihre Muttersprache zu benutzen, wenn Sie zu wünschen und wir können Google Übersetzen.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: trasnfer files form wondows10 os to vm windows 10 os

Post by BillG »

Since it is a Windows to Window2s copy, I would put the host and guest in the same network ( as scottgus1 suggested) and use Windows file sharing.

In other words, use network sharing as you would between two physical machines.
Bill