Windows 10 guest desktop still full screen in Seamless mode

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Rob. S.
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win 7, Win 10, eComStation 2.1

Re: Windows 10 guest desktop still full screen in Seamless mode

Post by Rob. S. »

No need to explain the obvious, much less to scream in doing so. Of course it may be in your character, but If you'd manage to control your blind rage and think clearly for two seconds, you *might* find it more useful to help people than to insult them, if shortcomings of the product this forum is about drives them somewhere else. More useful not only for those people, but for the general climate in such a forum. Do you really believe people who've been taught civilized manners by their mothers several decades ago would accept being told how to behave by someone who clearly has not? (No need to answer, and don't fear, this is my last word on that matter.)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Congratulations, you've just earned yourself a 7-day ban for 4 out of 4 troll messages.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Jeee

Post by Jeee »

Sorry I have to disagree here. It's no trolling; he is totally right. I even created an account to be able to say this. I have the same issue and just found this thread. If it takes so long to solve such a fundamental problem (yes for people that use the software that way it is a big issue) people have all the right to ask for another VM solution and this is exactly the spot where that should be discussed since people with this issue come here (like me). If you don't think it is important than maybe a bounty system can help so they can vote with their money.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Jeee wrote:It's no trolling; he is totally right.
Which part exactly isn't trolling?
Rob. S. wrote:... Of course it may be in your character, but If you'd manage to control your blind rage ...
... help people than to insult them ...
... people who've been taught civilized manners by their mothers several decades ago would accept being told how to behave by someone who clearly has not? ...
You can smell a troll. From far away...
Jeee wrote:yes for people that use the software that way it is a big issue
But clearly a minority. Trust me. And I'm not saying that it's not important; it's not important to the paying customers, so it goes lower in priority. It's a business, not a charity.
Jeee wrote:have all the right to ask for another VM solution
Here? You want to be in the VirtualBox forums promoting a competing product? How about doing some research on your own? Even test-driving some of those products...
Jeee wrote:If you don't think it is important than maybe a bounty system can help so they can vote with their money.
That would be a really welcomed solution, by all means! But, just to get to a support contract with Oracle will set you back 6100 $. It may be better if a developer was hired for that kind of money and have them coordinate with the VirtualBox developers so that they're on the same page.

But, just so you know, the whole graphics subsystem is in the works for a replacement. NO ETA!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Rob. S.
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
Guest OSses: Win 7, Win 10, eComStation 2.1

Post by Rob. S. »

For the record: With Ubuntu (MATE as well as Budgie) 18.04 LTS as host, Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.228 as client, in VirtualBox 5.2.18 r124319 the Linux desktop does not anymore become (totally or partially) hidden behind the Windows desktop in seamless mode.

That said, it seems that as soon as at least one Win10 application is open, some Win10 windows will be painted only where other Win10 Windows are below them. Where there's Linux desktop below them, they seem to become either black or invisible (transparent).
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

i'd be reckoning that your host/guest is in need of some patches.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

This topic was opened in 2016, and a lot has changed since then. It only seems to serve now to attract off topic posts from bedroom philosophers. Locking it.