imac with win7 in virtualbox usb problem

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Nene2k3

imac with win7 in virtualbox usb problem

Post by Nene2k3 »

I have a imac for 2 months with the latest version of EL CAPITAN but well I had no problem with the installation everything perfect but I can not use the USB on the Windows machine and do not know how to fix it because I always left the way or the driver if I recognize it. as I can solve this little problem thanks.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: imac with win7 in virtualbox usb problem

Post by mpack »

What kind of USB? (USB2? USB3?). Windows 7 does not have native support for USB3 - you would need to install the xHCI drivers. In either case you need to install the host extension pack to get the USB feature.

If you need to continue the discussion then please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
Nene2k3

Post by Nene2k3 »

of principle I have tried a few things but did not get the driver will work or not usb2 USB 3. clear this with USB 2.0 super serious but the fault in the windows is that the driver was not installed and the virtual machine already had supposedly installed Packete virtual box in any case is not whether there is some other specific need to install and that copiare but the log and sent it to you as soon as possible to follow the issue since the Imac is my friend.
but the same could not install a virtual machine on my windows so with MacOSX which have not posido see if the USB or the package work properly. anyway thanks for the help.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Sorry, but I'm finding it very hard to follow your meaning, including whether or not you still have a problem. You might want to post in your own language, and let me use Google Translate to interpret it.

I will also need that log file previously mentioned.
Nene2k3

Post by Nene2k3 »

I'm sorry I was somewhat busy these days will try to print the information to my problem today and tomorrow thanks and excuse the inconvenience :o
Nene2k3

Post by Nene2k3 »

Hello again. good reinstall the pack nuevmante guestadition and conesgui the pendrive I recognized me although sometimes gave me the same mistake with hdd 1TB and 2TB I need to recognize. even so I command the moment the ruling that gives me, I will try to spend as txt then I have it in MAC version and I have to pass it to TXT windows in case you better. even so you control which I have and then you corrected it nuevamnte step thanks

el problema es que mi hdd de 1TB no lo reconoce la maquina virtual. y necesito que sea posible usarlo en el windows 7 que tengo como instalacion en el virtual box .
un usb generico de 16/32gb si lo reconoce y un lector externo tambien pero los hdd de gran capacidad no los reconoce...

y este es el mensaje que aparece cuando lo conecto....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

fallo al conectar el dispositivo usb "western digital elements 10B8[1012]
a la maquina virtual WINDOWS7

failed to creat a proxy device for USB device.
(Error: VERR_PDM_NO_USB_PORTS).

Codigo Resultado: NS_ERROR_FAILURE
(0x80004005

COMPONENTE ConsolWrap
Interface IConsole
{872da645-4a9b-1127-
bee2-5585105b9eed}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gracias y disculpar la traduccion.......
Attachments
WINDOWS7-2016-06-21-17-11-19.log
(126.79 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by Nene2k3 on 27. Jun 2016, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

I'm afraid that last post was even harder to understand than before. Either post in your own language or try to use very simple and formal language to give to the translator.

Are you saying that the problem has changed now that you installed the extension pack?

It is probably unrelated, but you are assigning far too much host RAM to the VM. I would assign 2GB maximum. Everything else looks good to me.

Can you tell me the exact wording of any USB error message (after fixing the RAM problem). Give the wording in your own language, don't attempt to translate it. But, I will need it as text so that I can translate it.

p.s. There was a strange additional message containing a link to a download site that asks for a login. I deleted that post.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Moved to Windows Guests since this is not clearly an OSX guest problem.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

socratis wrote:Moved to Windows Guests since this is not clearly an OSX guest problem.
Did you intended place this under Tutorials?
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Fixed.