Guest Additions Problems on Windows 10 Guest(s)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guest Additions Problems on Windows 10 Guest(s)

Post by socratis »

The following is a query in the Bugtracker about "VBoxTray", grouped by version: https://www.virtualbox.org/query?descri ... r=priority
See if there is anything that you can feel close to. Add your voice (with logs).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Same issue in Win 10 Enterprise host running a Win Server 2003 guest. This was the first time I've noticed the problem. Resolved by restarting guest.
Happy_62

Post by Happy_62 »

Hi
I'm A newbe here.

I have same issue. I have Virtualbox 5.036 on Ubuntu 16.04 and after few minutes of work with the virtual machine the CPU starts to be very busy by virtualbox.
Do I need to reinstall the 5.016 to solve this issue?

thanks
rdepaoli

Post by rdepaoli »

Hello all.

Did anyone check, whether disabling the "Shared Clipboard" makes any difference?

I'm asking, because I just had an application (MathCAD14) stalling completely in a WinXP virtual machine.
The effect it is showing is very much the described behaviour.
I got around the issue by disabling the "Shared Clipboard", so I'm guessing this maybe somehow related?

All the best.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I don't remember anyone making that connection before, but as you say it should be a simple test.