Windows 2012 R2 guest bridged will not get IP on bridged ada

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
pinne65

Windows 2012 R2 guest bridged will not get IP on bridged ada

Post by pinne65 »

I'm running a win 7 host with a wireless nic.

I have two brigded Ubuntu guests, 14.04 DeskTop & 14.04 Server. They both pick up a dhcp adress w.o. problem.

The W2012 R2 guest neither picks up a dhcp nor does it work to set a static ip in bridged mode. I've gone trough all adapter types. VB defaults to Intel PRO/1000 MT desktop for some reason.

Nat works fine but that doesn't allow me to access (rdp) to the guest from the host

Anyone any ideas?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I might have missed something in the manual again - If I read the it, the probability is 50/50 or better.
pinne65

Re: Windows 2012 R2 guest bridged will not get IP on bridged

Post by pinne65 »

It works using a wired adapter. But only using Dhcp, if I try setting a static IP it's not able to connect to my network.

I also tried vmware player and bridging to the wireless nic there works, even using a static IP....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: I might have missed something in the manual again - If I read the it, the probability is 50/50 or better.