Windows XP "Aborted"

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
sandervl
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, Solaris

Post by sandervl »

Could you create a ticket at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker and include the information about Zone Alarm?
marc.ritter

Post by marc.ritter »

that's the trick,
when I uninstalled ZA everything worked fine, but when I installed ZA again, the problem appeared again...

what do you use instead of ZA?
Outpost. Sometimes strange CPU usage (100%) .
But stable
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Stable? No wonder, with 100 % CPU Windows has no more free Resources to crash.

Think about a firewall on Router / Host, thats the best solution.
marc.ritter

Post by marc.ritter »

sandervl wrote:Could you create a ticket at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker and include the information about Zone Alarm?
Done. #581
mannequin

Post by mannequin »

I'm getting it, too. Running Ubuntu Feisty, but without ZoneAlarm. However, I am running AVG AntiVirus and AVG Spyware software. Could AV or malware software contribute... It's something I know every Windows user uses... ;)

-M.
pcorchary

Post by pcorchary »

Also, I'm having this same problem. There VBox logs has nothing of interest -- sometimes the log hasn't been updated in hours!

I have a pretty vanilla XP installation with Office 2003 and AVG AV (but not Spyware). Although the abort/crashes do NOT coincide with AV activity, they are purely random. Sometimes I get 2-4 hours uptime in the VM, some times 15min or less.

This is in Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn with 2.6.20-16 generic kernel. it does seem that the problems got much worse after upgrade from 2.6.19 up to this kernel. I have some a new 'setup'.

Thoughts? Help?
pcorchary

Post by pcorchary »

Still happening here, no Zone Alarm, generally vanilla XP+Office installation + AVG. There are no entries to speak of in the vbox log when the VM aborts ... what other info can I provide or look at to assist troubleshooting. FYI USB is OFF and not used on the host, either.