Windows 10 seamless mode VB5

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
pkaplan

Windows 10 seamless mode VB5

Post by pkaplan »

Have a W10 RTM guest on Ubuntu 15.04 host running on a Thinkpad Carbon. Works as expected except for one thing. When I switch to seamless mode the W desktop remains active. The only visible change is that the Ubuntu managed titlebar and window border disappears, the VM fills the screen and the VB menus (File, Machine...etc) are hidden in a disappearing menu at the bottom center of the screen. A Win7 VM running on the same machine works as expected with the Desktop disappearing in seamless mode leaving only the Win7 taskbar and open applications visible.

Can't tell if this is a VB5 problem, a guest-additions problem or a W10 problem.

Has anyone experienced this and better still, has anyone found a fix?
dmeiser

Re: Windows 10 seamless mode VB5

Post by dmeiser »

I am having this same issue - VB5.0.2, Windows 10 RTM Guest running on CentOS7. Basically, I can move into "Seamless Mode," but it really only drops the frame around the VM. I see my Windows 10 desktop icons.
dmeiser

Post by dmeiser »

I upgraded to 5.0.3 build 102322 with the 502316 additions. Still having the same problem. Has anybody worked around / resolved this issue?
architect

Post by architect »

same issue in seamless mode.. using VB 5.0.4 with Ubuntu 14.04.3 guest on Windows 10 host. The top menu bar and left quick launch bar vanish and windows desktop is visible underneath. No fix yet from VB. Seems like an issue with Windows 10.