Critical error shutting down my server

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
charn

Critical error shutting down my server

Post by charn »

We were getting a critical error every few days, and a reboot seemed to fix it. But the error has started to pop up more frequently and now it is happening after 10 minutes of the server being started up.

The error says:
A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.

Virtualbox is running on a Windows 7 computer, and the VM is running Windows 2003 Server. I have tried running chkdsk /R on both partitions on the VM, but that didn't change anything. Still getting a shutdown with this error after a few minutes.

I have looked at the log, but do not know where to start with this. I have attached it here. Sorry for the zip, but this forum would not let me upload anything over 100K in size, and the log is over 200k.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Attachments
VBox.zip
(47.94 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Critical error shutting down my server

Post by Perryg »

This needs to be addressed

Code: Select all

00:00:01.346190 HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS (or by the host OS).
Which will more than likely fix the error you are receiving below.

Code: Select all

Guru Meditation -2403 (VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC)
charn

Re: Critical error shutting down my server

Post by charn »

Thank you, I updated the BIOS on the host computer, enabled AMD-V and it is working normally again. I am wondering how it went for so long working okay without that being enabled. We have had this up and running for over a year and it recently started doing this error. I suppose it doesnt matter since it is working now. Thank you very much for your prompt answer to the post!