Correcting My Install Mistake [SOLVED]

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
goozleology

Correcting My Install Mistake [SOLVED]

Post by goozleology »

Hello everyone,

I didn't understand the instructions for installing Ubuntu with Virtualbox to run it through my Windows install. I installed Ubuntu on a separate partition (+-40 gb) using an iso file that I burned on a DVD before I installed Virtualbox. I didn't know that VB could use the ISO file without it being burned to a DVD.

So now I have Ubuntu installed on my computer but I can't figure out what the drive name is or how to connect to Ubuntu on my Windows install using VB.

Can someone help me straighten this out?

Thanks!
Last edited by goozleology on 14. Apr 2015, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Correcting My Install Mistake

Post by BillG »

Whether you install from the ISO or from a CD/DVD makes no difference to where the vm is installed if you actually install the OS in a vm. It sounds to me as if you have actually installed Ubuntu directly on the host machine.

If that is the case, you can either continue to use Ubuntu where it is (you will need to reboot to move from one OS to the other) or you can start again and actually install Ubuntu in a vm from the VirtualBox Manager window. Click on New and follow the prompts.
Bill
goozleology

Re: Correcting My Install Mistake

Post by goozleology »

Yeah, I just deleted the old partition and started over using VB. I installed it properly now but I can't figure out how to change the screen resolution: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67316#p318453
goozleology

Re: Correcting My Install Mistake [SOLVED]

Post by goozleology »

I have no idea how I fixed this but it is solved.