Guest Additions install fails in WES 2009

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
TwisterMagnet

Guest Additions install fails in WES 2009

Post by TwisterMagnet »

I'm running VirtualBox 4.3.24 r98716 on a CrunchBang Linux host on a 32bit computer with 2GB RAM. I can install 4.3.24 guest additions just fine in an XP SP3 guest and even in a Micro XP guest. I get an error every time when attempting to install guest additions in a Windows Embedded Standard 2009 32bit install. I'm using the default XP settings for my guest and I've tried both 512mb and 1024mb. I'm using the evaluation version of WES 2009 to create the install image. You can register to get a trial product key and download the iso at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedde ... -2009.aspx. I've posted the slx file used to create my install image, the install_drivers.log, and the install errors copied from the guest additions installer to my dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/583u0wh96ztv ... FYABa?dl=0
LonnieTC
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows, ReactOS

Re: Guest Additions install fails in WES 2009

Post by LonnieTC »

Greetings,

I am using the WES 2009 evaluation version and trying to build a WES 2009 target image that will boot into VirtualBox but have not had much luck thus far and came across your posting:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66633

I was wondering if you were able to get the guest additions to install into your WES 2009 image and also if you might be able to guide me in how to get a basic image set up in the target builder as it seems that there are over 11,000 items in the catalog and I am not sure what ones are matching for VirtualBox.

Any guidance or assistance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on a side note, I tried to get a copy of your image that you placed on DropBox but it seems to be no longer available.

Cheers,
Lonnie