Windows guest MaxCLockSpeed changes value

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
netsrak

Windows guest MaxCLockSpeed changes value

Post by netsrak »

I'm running a Windows 7 guest under Virtualbox 4.3.10 on a Ubuntu 13.10 host. In this Win7 guest i use a software which runs a license check based on a system fingerprint.
This fingerprint uses the parameter MaxClockSpeed (from the log of the software: wmiClass=Win32_Processor,wmiProperty=MaxClockSpeed,result=2188).

The problem is that this value changes when i reboot the VM, sometimes its 2188, other times 2185. Is there anything i can do to prevent this change because it forces me to reset the software license each time i restart the VM.
netsrak

Re: Windows guest MaxCLockSpeed changes value

Post by netsrak »

Any help?
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Post by loukingjr »

netsrak wrote:Any help?
you may want to file a bug report. MaxClockSpeed should be reading the value of the Host's CPU. You can file here. Bugtracker. You should include the VBox.log of the guest.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
igogopb

Post by igogopb »

Host system - Windows 7, guest system - Windows 7, Virtualbox 4.3.12. I use Virtualbox as a sandbox.
netsrak wrote:I'm running a Windows 7 guest under Virtualbox 4.3.10 on a Ubuntu 13.10 host. In this Win7 guest i use a software which runs a license check based on a system fingerprint.
This fingerprint uses the parameter MaxClockSpeed (from the log of the software: wmiClass=Win32_Processor,wmiProperty=MaxClockSpeed,result=2188).

The problem is that this value changes when i reboot the VM, sometimes its 2188, other times 2185. Is there anything i can do to prevent this change because it forces me to reset the software license each time i restart the VM.
I also use a program that uses a parameter MaxClockSpeed ​​to verify license.
And after guest system rebooting license disappears, as this parameter is changed.
noteirak
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Debian, Win 2k8, Win 7

Post by noteirak »

loukingjr wrote:
netsrak wrote:Any help?
you may want to file a bug report. MaxClockSpeed should be reading the value of the Host's CPU. You can file here. Bugtracker. You should include the VBox.log of the guest.
Hyperbox - Virtual Infrastructure Manager - https://apps.kamax.lu/hyperbox/
Manage your VirtualBox infrastructure the free way!
netsrak

Post by netsrak »

Sorry, nearly forgot it.
Done now: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/13133