Connecting to Mandylion Password Manager

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
joe_cot

Connecting to Mandylion Password Manager

Post by joe_cot »

I know this is a pretty fringe question, but bear with me :D

I have the Mandylion Password Manager; it's a hardware dongle that manages your passwords for you. The software to sync it is windows only. I've managed to get it installed and connected (it makes a serial connection over usb). When connecting to the device, the token flashes "Ready" (which means it connected), but the software says the token isn't responding.

I fairly sure no one here has such a device, but is there anything I can do to diagnose the issue? I had a similar issue when trying in qemu, in which case it said it couldn't connect at all.
jgrajewski

re mandylion token

Post by jgrajewski »

greetings Joe

This is Joe grajewski with mandylion labs. - The fix to your problem is simple - it appears you have some usb drivers from other devices that had not released the port and the policy master software did not want to override it and chose a virtual port instead - what you need to do is plug in the cradle then go into device manager and in the com and ports area - select usb serial port - double click then go to the port settings tab - within that tab click advanced - in lower left corner si a com port number drop down box - select com port 2, 3 or 4 and force system to accept it (it was say there is a conflict and ask if you want to override) - again you are overriding the ghost of a previous driver no longer on your system -

then go into your program files - policy master folder and select the configuration file - (1k file called policy master - not the application file bu the config file) double click on it and change the com port to the one you have set in the previous step -- hit save -- now reboot to be sure and when you bring up policy master again - in options you should see that the right com port has been selected --

at this point you should exit policy master then go into the token initializer exe - and initialize the token you should see a progress bar etc -- then you will be set!