[WorksForMe] Shared folders on wrong drive letters

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Shared folders on wrong drive letters

Post by mpack »

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but please lets try to focus on VirtualBox problems on this site.

If we allowed Windows tutorials such as "how to run Excel in VirtualBox" (answer: same as any other PC), or "How to assign a drive letter to a shared folder" (answer: same as any other PC), then this site would become horribly bloated, and genuinely useful info would be harder to find. Let's stick to providing information on VirtualBox, and on PC tasks which are made different by running in a VM. We don't need tutorials on Windows tasks which work the same in a VM as in a physical PC.
raywood

Post by raywood »

I don't know why they had to be rude about it but, in any case, thank you, HeavyMX, for answering the question. I needed that.
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

raywood wrote:I don't know why they had to be rude about it but, in any case, thank you, HeavyMX, for answering the question. I needed that.
you realize that is the same answer you received back on 6. Apr 2012, 14:51 by mpack
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [WorksForMe] Shared folders on wrong drive letters

Post by socratis »

Summary added at the first post. Thread locked after 6 years of going around ad nauseum.
Marked as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.