I'm new to Virtual Box, so please bear with me. I love it so far - really fast and not crippled like Virtual PC on Windows 7.
Anyway, I'm trying to run XBMC inside Virtual Box, using the experimental D3D support, and I'm having trouble with corrupt and non-displaying fonts. I was hoping someone here might have some hints as to how to get this working. Here's what it should look like:
... and here's what it actually looks like:
Not only do fonts and backgrounds simply not show up, fonts also appear corrupted at times:
My Host configuration:
- Windows 7 SP1, fully patched
- Intel HD3000 graphics, latest drivers from Windows Update.
- Virtual Box 4.1.4, downloaded today.
My Virtual Box configuration:
- Windows XP SP3, fully patched, latest DirectX.
- Guest additions installed.
- 1GB RAM, 1 CPU, 128MB VRAM, 2D and 3D acceleration enabled.
- Latest "Dharma" XBMC from http://xbmc.org/download/
Any advice? I was really looking forward to getting this working with Virtual Box.