0x80070057 Error when copying a file on Windows 7 Guest

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
erdeslawe
Volunteer

Re: 0x80070057 Error when copying a file on Windows 7 Guest

Post by erdeslawe »

Oracle hardly need to look at a very common Windows Error Error message because of recurring problems with Windows Update that have been appearing on and off for many years and in all Windows variants.

Perhaps try searching "Windows Update Error 0x80070057" instead of jumping to conclusions based on a 5 year old thread. You'll find plenty of advice.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: 0x80070057 Error when copying a file on Windows 7 Guest

Post by socratis »

Michael Tangen wrote:I think the Oracle developers need to take another look at this add-on for VirtualBox.
And I think the same thing that erdeslawe also mentioned; you should be looking at the date of a thread before waking up the dead. This is so old, that chances are it doesn't apply anymore => locking it. If you're having an issue with something that's current and supported, please open a new thread.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.