Windows XP & Joystick

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
puntjuh

Windows XP & Joystick

Post by puntjuh »

Hiya,

I've installed VBOX under Gentoo2006.1 and am only planning on using it too continue playing Flight Simulator 2004, since it won't work under WINE nor cedega.

Now i'd like my joystick (logitech extreme 3D Pro) to work under vbox. Any idea's on howto? Windows XP did find it, but when i install the driver, it says device not found.

Besides that i would also like to know, what vid-card is beeing used by VirtualBox, i have a 7600GS by Nvidia, but I can't install the driver.

BTW, I'm using VBox Open Source Edition!

And yes i have tried adding in fstab:

none /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=1004,devmode=666 0 0

All help is appreciated,

thanks in advance,

puntjuh.
GlennsPref

Flight stick winxp

Post by GlennsPref »

Hi, I realise this is an older post, but I am new to VB and also have similar problems with my Thrustmaster TopGun Fox2 Pro Shock.

The graphics driver is called virtualbox. In display drivers of the devicemanager in winxp.

Any help on this joystick prob would be nice. usb does not show in virtualbox devices, it has serial, net, audio, etc, but no usb.

Thank you, regards, Glenn
GlennsPref

Post by GlennsPref »

OOPs!
I had installed the OSE version of VirtualBox and it does not support usb, but the .run file does.

Once you change to the free for home use version (not OSE, rpm or deb) then setup you joystick the same way you would in windows-xp.

You might have to select it in the usb device icon on the bottom boarder, near disks and serial.

HTH, Glenn
#406321 http://counter.li.org
Mandriva 2008.0, Asus m2n-x AM2 mb,
2x 1gig @ 800mHz DDR2, AMD64x2 5600+,
nVidia 8400gs-d2 256Mb.
WinXp in VirtualBox, DiD f22 ADF flightsim (1998)
(yeah!) Thanks Ernie :)