* Decompress OpenbravoERP-2.50MP24-x86.virtualbox.gz, this will result in the OpenbravoERP-2.50MP24-x86.virtualbox.vdi file.
* Open VirtualBox and click on Machine -> New. Enter Openbravo ERP Community in the Name and select Linux 2.6 in OS Type. Click on Next.
* Select 1024MB of Base Memory Size. Click on Next.
* Click on Existing to add the image. Then Add, and browse to select the OpenbravoERP-2.50MP24-x86.virtualbox.vdi file. Click on Select, then on Next and finally in Finish.
In order to use Openbravo ERP it is necessary to access the virtual appliance through the network. There are two options here:
* Use VirtualBox version 2.2 or higher, edit the preferences of the virtualmachine you just created and select Bridge in the network settings. This is the recommended method.
* Forward (NAT) the http port (80) from the virtual appliance to a random port (8000) in the host machine. This is easier to do than the previous method, and it is recommended for testing. Run the following commands:
$ VBoxManage setextradata "Openbravo ERP Community" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/guesthttpd/HostPort" 8000
$ VBoxManage setextradata "Openbravo ERP Community" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/guesthttpd/GuestPort" 80
$ VBoxManage setextradata "Openbravo ERP Community" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/guesthttpd/Protocol" TCP
Where "Openbravo ERP Community" matches with the name given to the appliance in its creation.
Afterwards it is necessary to shut down VirtualBox and start the appliance again. Then, to access Openbravo ERP enter http://localhost:8000 in a web browser.
Users browsing this forum: AlexanderS, Google [Bot] and 11 guests