Mouseover not working-can't select objects in Daz 3d Studio.

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
rschaffter

Mouseover not working-can't select objects in Daz 3d Studio.

Post by rschaffter »

HI,

My host is SuSE 10.3 with the latest VirtualBox (1.5.2_25433) from innotek's website. The guest is Windows 2000 Pro, fully updated, with DirectX 9.0c and Guest Additions installed.

I have been using Daz3d Studio ( http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/-/ ) with some quirks under WINE so I gave VirtualBox a try.

The DAZ3d Studio seems to work well , except that it is impossible to select an object with the mouse in the main window. What normally happens is the block representing the object's properties becomes visible when the pointer passes over it, and it can then be selected by left clicking on it. Under VirtualBox, the mouseover event doesn't occur, so objects can't be selected with the mouse, although they can be selected from the list of objects, and can then be dragged around with the mouse-it works, but is very cumbersome.

I did try knocking the hardware Acceleration down a notch in W2k's advanced display properties, tried various Windows screen resolutions, and enabled and disabled Mouse Pointer integration with no effect.

The mouse does work normally on all of the other menus and tools that i have tried thus far.

Other than this, I'm extremely pleased with VirtualBox thus far-very impressive. 8)

Cheers,

Rod Schaffter