vista or xp as guest?

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.

which version of windows are you running?

Vista
20%
XP
77%
No votes
2003 Server
No votes
NT
3%
2008 Server
No votes

Total votes: 30

McStarfighter

Post by McStarfighter »

Ingo, du hast ja recht, aber mich regt sowas halt trotzdem auf ...

Sorry guys, just a few words in german to Ingo (I know he is right, but such comments like "h4ck3r" are making me angry) ... :wink:
Last edited by McStarfighter on 10. Jan 2008, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Entity
Primary OS: Mandriva
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: xp,mandriva,ubuntu,vista,7

Post by Entity »

Vista is a piece of shit. Even a hacked lite version runs worse, slower and using more memory than XP. I needed lots of minutes for the SPAM_SEARCH VBOX additions to install. But it is like this with everything

2000/XP is the best thing Microsoft has ever done. If something works, DO NOT CHANGE IT, these are the words I would tell to Microsoft people ^^
theNURSE

Post by theNURSE »

Why do all the Linux people go "piece of shit windows" yet when someone says "piece of shit Linux" they get flammed. (like h4ck3r did) Hey. linx is shit to me. Just look at the people trying to get help here, it's mostly trying to get LNX to run. Go ahead do the count like I did.

OH so it's microsofts fault the hardware manufacture won't give you specs so you can write drivers, hey sounds like you should be talking to manufactures and not blaming Microsoft for this problem. Why do Lnx people always blame MS when they can't get something?

So XP,2003,Vista,2008 all easily go seamless in virtualbox, automatically re-size their windows, have a simple way of mapping drive and have an easy way to setup network bridging. Do any of the Linux go seamlees that easy! NOPE! Most can't even get the video to work without code changes. Lnx people can't even get Lnx to work without more programming. I have a business to run with my time and computers and it's not a programming business.

Hey, it frost me when Linux people don't know crap about Vista and do nothing but bad mouth it. What, the GODS of OS came down and taught you eveything you every needed to know about Vista without every picking up a book or a class?

We can go at this all day cause I know lots about Lnx and Windows, so do you'all just want to vote or get into a "my os is better than your os" high school stuff. Thought this group was more mature than that but might have been mistaken.

Use Plan9 or QNX if you want a real OS.
constant
Volunteer
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windowses

Post by constant »

theNURSE wrote:We can go at this all day cause I know lots about Lnx and Windows, so do you'all just want to vote or get into a "my os is better than your os" high school stuff. Thought this group was more mature than that but might have been mistaken.
Your post seems to fall exactly into the category you complain about.

What are we to think about your level of maturity?
theNURSE

Which Windows to Virt

Post by theNURSE »

So, here is what I'm using vb for:
2 windows 2008 Enterprise
1 windows 2003 Enterprise
ALL in an AD with load balancing
1 Vista business w/ sp1, 1 V Ult w/o sp1
1 XP w/ sp3, 1 xp w/ sp2

All work great, hooked together with private net, then out through ICS. Faster than VMware, more goodies than MS products and simple to use.

Why do all this? cause I'm looking for holes in 2008 and both new service packs.

Oh yea, I'm fuzzing both versions of vb looking for the hole we found in a competitor. Trying to get all the Virts checked before BlackHat-US where we'll show how to root kit ANY host via the virts. Windows / Linux / 10.x doesn't matter as host because the kit adapts. See U There!!

PS: Yes, we will let vb coders know before the public release of the exploit, if we find the same hole. I like this product as it's the best Windows virt I've found.