XP guest going full screen - but won't exit that mode

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
technologyrocks

XP guest going full screen - but won't exit that mode

Post by technologyrocks »

I'm running XP on top of Mandriva 2007. I have a dual monitor setup on Mandriva. Everything has been working great for weeks - until today...

Today, for the first time on this box, I selected the Seamless Mode - which i've been using on my home box a lot lately and really like... but here, it caused some weird issues with the screen not being re-painted - so I just decided to go back to using XP in a window that I sometimes turn to full-screen. I've also used it this way a lot before here - running it full-screen on a single monitor, and using Ctrl+F to get out of that mode later.

Now, however, whenever I start the XP VirtualBox, it automatically goes to Full Screen on my main monitor, and will NOT exit from it. In fact, if I press CTRL + F or CTRL+L, windows suddenly starts shutting down. I've looked through the settings, and can't see anyway to get it to not start in full screen mode - and without the Host keys functioning correctly, I don't know how to get it out of fullscreen once it's started.

Any ideas?