'freezes' while accessing shared folder

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
lubos.vrbka

'freezes' while accessing shared folder

Post by lubos.vrbka »

hi guys,

i am using WXP Pro in my VirtualBox installation. The version of the program is 1.5.0, installed on Debian from package collection. Everything works quite OK, however i am encountering problems while accessing the shared folder.

the symptoms are the following. i go to the drive corresponding to the shared folder. sometimes it opens fine, sometimes the program (i'm using totalcommander) freezes for 10-30 seconds and after that, the shared folder is opened. the same happens for almost any operation i perform on the shared folder.

when i encounter a freeze, the next operation usually proceeds without it. i.e., i do cd to a directory and there is a timeout. the copy command in that directory is then usually without the timeout. sometimes, i also encounter 'freeze' while copying data from shared folder to the virtual disk. again, after 10-30 secs of inactivity, the operation is restored.

i was trying to find something in the web, but unfortunately to no avail. would anyone be willing to help, please?

best regards,
lubos
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Try 1.52
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Try Version 1.52
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Try Version 1.52
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

Is there an Error in the VBB Software? I get three times the message "debug mode"?
mannheim

Post by mannheim »

I get the same symptoms as described in the first post. I have upgraded to 1.5.2 and it didn't improve unfortunately.
magxs

Post by magxs »

Same problem here. Running VB 1.5.2 on Vista with XP guest.
grahams1

Post by grahams1 »

I get a similar problem when saving files to the share folder. It would freeze, sometimes for seconds, sometimes for good. I found saving the machine state and then restarting solved the issue for a while.

I'm running 1.5.2 on Ubuntu 7.04 with a xp guest.
thorsten

Post by thorsten »

Same issue with my Virtualbox 1.5.2 on Ubuntu Gutsy with Windows XP guest.
sandervl
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, Solaris

Post by sandervl »

We've fixed this bug already (http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/763). The next version will include it.