"There are no more files" error in Windows 7 RC guest.

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Obvious
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 7 RC

Re: "There are no more files" error in Windows 7 RC guest.

Post by Obvious »

I'm another affected by this, I'll be adding myself to the bug report.

Host: Unbuntu 9.04 64 bit
Guest: win 7 RC 64 bit
VBox 3.0.2

AMD 64 processor

Exact same symptoms, can create folders, files with windows explorer but Save As dialogue throws "There are no more files" error.
Mapping via shared folders = no good
Access via Samba = OK
simoncrosby
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
Guest OSses: Win7 Ultimate

Post by simoncrosby »

Hello all

Using 3.0.6 with Win7 Gold, Mac OSX Leopard Host. Still getting this same error when I try to save a file. Directory in Mac OS X is chmod-ed 777. The error occurs only if the file does not already exist. That is, if I create an empty file of the same <name> in the directory via Mac OS X first, then the save from Win7 to a mounted x:\dir\<name> works fine - get the usual "file exists - replace y/n" and then windows spins for a while before the write completes, but it does work.

So this feels like a bug for file create for shared folder mounts for Win7.

best
clipcarl
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
Guest OSses: windows

Post by clipcarl »

I have this same problem with VirtualBox 3.0.6 running a Windows 7RC guest on Linux. It does not appear to be a permission problem because I cannot even save to the /tmp folder on the host system which is wide open.
kstoffel
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Windows 7 RC

Post by kstoffel »

I am having the same problem with OSX 10.6 Host with the Windows 7 RC as the guest, on VB 3.0.8. With the "There are no more files" error when trying to "Save As", there is also the problem of the Network Drives becoming disconnected network drives if I navigate through the file system with, say, the MS Word Save As dialogue box.
I'm not necessarily trying to shed any new light on it, but more so to try to show that this is a common problem.

I'm fairly novice, but if anyone has any questions/suggestions for me to try to help troubleshoot, I'm game.

Thanks,
Kyle
bwooley
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7 64 bit

Post by bwooley »

I am having the same problem with MAC OS X 10.6 host and Windows 7 64 bit guest. I have Virtualbox 4.1.2 (latest at this time). I find it annoying to have to flip to the mac and touch the new-file, and then do a save replacing, for each new file I create from word/excel/etc.

I have been living with this problem for four years (through different releases of virtualbox). I hope this issue is addressed soon.

Bruce