Some interface questions: Audio and networking

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
WT_VBOXER

Some interface questions: Audio and networking

Post by WT_VBOXER »

Dear VBOXER

as far as I have noticed -I am a newcomer here- that forum is organized for English language. Isn't it?

My problems:

I have as host: LINUX Fedora core 6 and my guests: WINDOWS_XP and FEDORA core 7.

1. AUDIO
In WINDOWS I have problems to activate my microfon. Sound from the speaker is ok.

Need help. What have I to do?

2. Networking

my wish is that all three systems can communicate to each other. I have one ethernet card. At present I have NAT active. Internet for all guests are ok. For WINDOWS a SAMBA process is running. Conection from WINDOWS guest to LINUX host ok. Not vice versa!

Connction between the both LINUX processes host & guest only possible via the SAMBA: Just in 1 direction: guest -> host

Connection between guste LINUX and host guest WINDOWS: unpossible

What have I to do to estabish a transparent (unique) link between them all?

Best thanks for the helping hands in advance

WT_VBOXER
walkerd

Hm ...

Post by walkerd »

the same problem. Output is running fine. Audio input not. XP says that everything is O.K. just I am not able to get any audio in ... :(
Ingo
Volunteer

Post by Ingo »

The network issue is just as expected. The default network installation is NAT. You have to establish Host Interface Networking. Look at the User Manual chapter 6.3
http://www.virtualbox.org/download/UserManual.pdf

For the audio issue there may be a bug, but I don't know. Have you had a look at the bugtracker?