User accounts won't log in

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Paul_38

User accounts won't log in

Post by Paul_38 »

Hi there,
I have set up a Windows server 2019 machine and a Windows 10 machine. I am unable to login to Windows 10 on the two user accounts which I have set up.

I have configured the permissions for each user but noticed that the 'network' drives are not visible when looking in file explorer. I have turned Network Discovery, but it keeps turning itself off for some reason.

I have successfully pinged the ipv4 network address but am unable to ping the domain name address.

When I look at the device name in server 2019, it says 'client1.ap.com.au'. (Client computer, followed by domain name)

Any idea what could be causing this? 'I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards, Paul :)
Attachments
user_login.jpg
user_login.jpg (99.41 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: User accounts won't log in

Post by scottgus1 »

Did you fill out this page in the Create Virtual Machine Wizard?

If you did, then you did an Unattended Install, and there may be a permissions glitch.

If, instead, you checked this box:

and the "Unattended Guest OS Install Setup" page with username password above did not appear in the Wizard, or the Wizard reported that you could not do an unattended install, then you did a normal install.

Which one was it, normal or unattended?

Did the VM boot up right after OS installation doing this? or was it only after you joined the VM OS to the domain?

Something about the description doesn't seem clear:
Paul_38 wrote: I am unable to login to Windows 10 on the two user accounts which I have set up.
Paul_38 wrote:the 'network' drives are not visible when looking in file explorer.
In order to see File Explorer, you'd have to be able to log in on the VM OS, but you say you cannot log in, so you'd never be able to get to the desktop to start File Explorer.