Multiple monitor issue on Windows 10

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
chainsmoker

Multiple monitor issue on Windows 10

Post by chainsmoker »

VirtualBox 6.1.38 in a Windows 10 host with a Windows 10 guest behaves normally with dual monitors enabled after disabling transparency. Hovering over Windows interface elements works normally.

I tried installing 7.0.2 and had several issues with installing guest extensions. After finally purging the previous display drivers, the virtual machine would only work in single monitor mode. Enabling a second monitor would result in two monitors but clicks on the left monitor would be received by the middle monitor and the left monitor was inaccessible. Visual glitches and dragging across the entire desktop would occur with a single click.

I switched to VirtualBox 6.1.40 and found a more annoying issue. While dual monitors worked, mouse focus would change frequently. Clicking on a visual element would often click through or above to a different window or UI element.

I'm back on VirtualBox 6.1.38.

Edit: Due to the sensitive nature of the virtual machine, I'm unable to make an example VM, but I thought the revision history might still be useful to someone.
lepton

Re: Multiple monitor issue on Windows 10

Post by lepton »

I've been experiencing the exactly same behaviour with 2 monitors enabled.

6.1.38 no issues.
6.1.40 a 7.0.2 the same glitches as described by @chainsmoker

A temporary workaround which seems to work for me has been switching pointing device from USB tablet into PS/2 mouse.
Hazrelle

Post by Hazrelle »

Same issue after upgrading to VB 7.0.2 with Extension and Guest to same version.
The mouse pointer on the screen target elements at ~100px on the left. On the second monitor nothing is working properly.
I'll try the PS/2 mouse tip thanks @lepton.
Seaneas

Post by Seaneas »

Same problem here. Still not working 7.0.10.