Adobe Photoshop has suddenly stopped working after 3 years.

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Ebony-angel

Adobe Photoshop has suddenly stopped working after 3 years.

Post by Ebony-angel »

I have been using Photoshop CC 2017 for about three years in a Windows 7 virtual machine and a Windows 10 virtual machine on my Linux Mageia system with 32 Gb of RAM.

But today I went to work, as I normally do, and within Photoshop, when I load any image (no matter how small) I receive the following message (in both Windows 7 and Windows 10):

3D features and some filters require a minimum of 512MB vRAM. Photoshop has detected that you have less space on your system.

I didn't get that message until today. And the worst thing is that, after pressing Ok, I can't work normally because the image doesn't load correctly, but it loads completely deformed.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Adobe Photoshop has suddenly stopped working after 3 years.

Post by mpack »

Sounds like Photoshop got updated. You'll need to talk to Adobe about the changes and workarounds. VirtualBox VM limits are what they are.

It is inappropriate for software to look at the amount of graphics RAM in the VM because the graphics aren't being rendered there. They are rendered on the host.
birdie
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, other Unixes

Post by birdie »

If it's due to updates, you may simply uninstall it, install it again and disable Automatic updates.
Ebony-angel

Post by Ebony-angel »

Impossible. Since the first day I have disabled automatic updates in both Photoshop, and they continue to do so at this time.