Debian Host, Impossible to install Windows Host

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Rafaelin

Debian Host, Impossible to install Windows Host

Post by Rafaelin »

Hi all something is going on with latest Virtual box I am unable to install any form of Windows 7 or 10 or 11 is what I tried, all 3 hang at the stage where after copying install files they are to be expanded, I can install fine on any Windows Host, but Debian Host has become imposible, on the same Host I am able to install Windows 10 on Virt-Manager so this has been narrowed down to VirtualBox 100%, I even installed a Win 10 on a Win 10 Host, then transfered over to the Linux Host and The error persist always on a Linux Host.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Debian Host, Impossible to install Windows Host

Post by mpack »

Check how much free disk space you have on the default host partition.

Further discussion will require a VM log. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: Debian Host, Impossible to install Windows Host

Post by multiOS »

I believe linux 'Virt-Manager: is primarily a front end for KVM. If KVM is active (or any of its processes are) in the Linux Host then it is likely to cause a conflict with VirtualBox.

Make sure that everything KVM related is shut down before using VirtualBox; but there should be no need to remove the software as the two should be able to co-exist providing they are not running at the same time.