Windows 2000 guest crash (with log)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
FrankRizzo

Windows 2000 guest crash (with log)

Post by FrankRizzo »

Hey guys, I'm running the latest (6.1.34) on a Windows 7-64 bit host, and trying to run a Windows 2000 guest. It has worked in the past, but has recently started throwing errors. I'm going to attach the screenshot, and logs as the error dialog suggests.
Logs.zip
Log file and screenshot archive
(98.67 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
(Filesize limit mandates archive)

Answers, PC has i7 CPU, 24 GB of RAM, plenty of HDD space. ASUS motherboard has virtualization turned on.

Any seen this before, and/or know how to FIX it?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 2000 guest crash (with log)

Post by scottgus1 »

FrankRizzo wrote:(Filesize limit mandates archive)
That's OK, we like zip files. :D

Your 3rd-party antivirus has enabled its internal setting to use hardware virtualization for its scanning. This setting interferes with Virtualbox. Disable the antivirus setting for hardware virtualization and Virtualbox will probably work fine again.
FrankRizzo

Re: Windows 2000 guest crash (with log)

Post by FrankRizzo »

scottgus1 wrote: Your 3rd-party antivirus has enabled its internal setting to use hardware virtualization for its scanning. This setting interferes with Virtualbox. Disable the antivirus setting for hardware virtualization and Virtualbox will probably work fine again.
For anyone else who runs into this, scottgus1 is EXACTLY right. I'm using AVG, and that's what I had to do. One note though, for me, I had to reboot after making the change to get it to work.