Windows 10 - Driver missing

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Jims_34

Windows 10 - Driver missing

Post by Jims_34 »

Hello,

I will want to install windows 10 Ent on VirualBox. At the beginning of the installation I have the following error message:

"Your computer needs a media driver that is missing. It could be a DVD disk, USB disk, or hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or 'a USB flash drive containing the driver, insert it now."

I don't know which driver it is. Who can help me? Thank you !
Here is an image of my screen, the error message (in French, sorry).
inst_wind10_VM.png
inst_wind10_VM.png (50.49 KiB) Viewed 4528 times
Jean-Michel
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Re: Windows 10 - Driver missing

Post by Martin »

In most cases this error appears when thee is a problem with the installation ISO, like a broken download or otherwise corrupted ISO file.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

... or if there is something unusual about the installer, for example it was never intended for a generic PC.
Jims_34

Post by Jims_34 »

Ok, thank you both. I will try to download again...

Jims
milverton

Post by milverton »

Martin wrote:In most cases this error appears when there is a problem with the installation ISO, like a broken download or otherwise corrupted ISO file.
I would like to say I found this to be the solution in a similar situation. I downloaded the same ISO file, which the downloads folder showed with (1) appended, and it solved the problem. Even though both ISO files showed the same number of bytes in their file properties, switching between them verified that this was the solution in my case.