Pfsense keeps aborting

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Pattman64

Pfsense keeps aborting

Post by Pattman64 »

Pfsense-2022-01-02-18-32-40.log
Pfsense log file
(110.29 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
I keep having an issue with my Psense router (in my VirtualBox lab) aborting for seemingly no reason.

I am trying to rebuild my training lab, and I have Pfsense created and configured for a single network LAN. I have disabled the Floppy and CD-ROM.
At the moment, I am in the process of creating a V/M for Windows 10 and for M.S. Sever 2016; but do not have them attached to the Pfsense router at the moment (as I am in the process of gettign both V/M's updated via NAT before adding to that LAB network.
I am going to try to attach both the Pfsense log and a list of my desktop (via SPECCY)

As an added delight (if anyone can point me in the direction of fixing this seperate issue) when trying to create a V/M of WIndows 10 I keep getting errors for the keyboard. Sometimes I am able to get past it (after several tries; but sometimes I have to abort and start again.
Pattman64

Re: Pfsense keeps aborting

Post by Pattman64 »

BUDDY_Info_short.txt
Desktop specs
(97.68 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Pfsense keeps aborting

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the pfSense VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
Pattman64 wrote:trying to create a V/M of WIndows 10 I keep getting errors for the keyboard
Check that you have two processors in the VM. If this is one of those OOBE errors, those can possibly clear up when the VM processor count goes from 1 to 2. If the VM already has two processors, please start a new topic with an attached VM log per the above method showing the run of the VM when the error happens.