Internet windows 98

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
TheGuyOf90s

Internet windows 98

Post by TheGuyOf90s »

hello guys when i install the windows 98 and thas things i dont now why in the emulation i cant enter in internet
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Internet windows 98

Post by mpack »

Ah, a masochist... :twisted:

That isn't really a VirtualBox question. You should Google to find out if anyone still supports Win98 with a modern Internet browser. I would expect the more polite answers to be "no".

And note that it must be a modern browser, not an old one, because the Internet has changed radically since 1998: almost all websites now use https, meaning that servers are digitally certified and all comms is encrypted. That started happening around Vista (ish) time. Also the language of the Internet, i.e. html and expected partner tools such as css, has also developed a lot in 20+ years.

If this is about getting software into the VM then just download it to the host then move it into the VM, e.g. using the virtual ISO feature (no shared folders for Win98).
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Internet windows 98

Post by BillG »

Windows 98 has TCP/IP, so it can certainly access the Internet. As mpack said, the problem is finding a program which will allow you to do anything with that connection.
Win98Ping.PNG
Win98Ping.PNG (20.9 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
Bill