Win7 lags

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
feonlob11

Win7 lags

Post by feonlob11 »

I have a virtual machine, windows 7, which runs a simple script that works with the browser. With 1 processor everything works fine, the only thing is not quite satisfied with the speed of work. But if i am install 2 processors, with the same settings, the machine periodically stop working, only a reboot helps. It can stop after 10 minutes or 1 day, what is the problem, how to set up the machine to work with 2 processors,i already tried different settings, maybe i need to install something in windows itself?
Attachments
22.jpg
22.jpg (57.33 KiB) Viewed 5497 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (62.81 KiB) Viewed 5497 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Win7 lags

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
feonlob11

Post by feonlob11 »

mpack wrote:Please provide a VM log file. Make sure the VM is fully shut down, then right click it in the manager UI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(37.09 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You are using relatively high resolution (2K) graphics without enabling graphics acceleration. This could cause lagging. Also, your graphics RAM is very low, I do not expect that 27MB will be enough to keep a 1680x966x32bpp display happy.

In the VM settings Display panel, I recommend enabling 3D acceleration, making sure that the VBoxSVGA graphics chipset is selected, and max out the graphics RAM: 256MB if it will let you (which it should after you enable 3D acceleration).

p.s. What kind of host graphics do you have? I'm seeing a note in the log saying that 3D acceleration is not supported. The host DMI ID is not very helpful either.
feonlob11

Post by feonlob11 »

mpack wrote:You are using relatively high resolution (2K) graphics without enabling graphics acceleration. This could cause lagging. Also, your graphics RAM is very low, I do not expect that 27MB will be enough to keep a 1680x966x32bpp display happy.

In the VM settings Display panel, I recommend enabling 3D acceleration, making sure that the VBoxSVGA graphics chipset is selected, and max out the graphics RAM: 256MB if it will let you (which it should after you enable 3D acceleration).

p.s. What kind of host graphics do you have? I'm seeing a note in the log saying that 3D acceleration is not supported. The host DMI ID is not very helpful either.
I am using a server, it does not have a video card
feonlob11

Post by feonlob11 »

mpack wrote:You are using relatively high resolution (2K) graphics without enabling graphics acceleration. This could cause lagging. Also, your graphics RAM is very low, I do not expect that 27MB will be enough to keep a 1680x966x32bpp display happy.

i tries set 3d and 256mb, but the virtual machine stop after 1 hour
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

I don't see any indication of a cause for lagging in the VBox.log file. It rather looks like the guest OS is running with 100% CPU load. I'd suggest to investigate the issue as if it happened on a physical PC.