System crashes on Windows 10 startup

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
eduardolp3

System crashes on Windows 10 startup

Post by eduardolp3 »

Hello,
I downloaded the iso of Windows 10 and with my license I installed on the latest version of VirtualBox, host Manjaro Linux. The installation was successful and I started the VM but as soon as it is started the notebook crashes, it does nothing and I have to reboot forcibly. When Windows 10 starts, as soon as the vm window appears, the system crashes, everything, nothing works, I don't see the Windows logo, I don't see anything. I don't know where to put my hands. Thanks.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: System crashes on Windows 10 startup

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show Log. If there is a log file shown, save the far left tab's log, zip it, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.

Also, go to $HOME/.config/VirtualBox, and zip & post the VboxSVC.log, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.