Tray icon for VirtualBox Guest Addiitons doesn't accept any clicks

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Ihor_Bobak

Tray icon for VirtualBox Guest Addiitons doesn't accept any clicks

Post by Ihor_Bobak »

I've just updated VirtualBox Guest Additions to version 6.1.26.0 (to fully match my host version).

The problem is that the tray icon doesn't react on any mouse clicks. In the previous version I clearly remember that it has some menu popup.

Host - ubuntu 20.04, guest - Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043

(I tried to post here a link to an image - this forum doesn't allow me to do this. Also it doesn't allow to post an attachment bigger that 128K....)
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Tray icon for VirtualBox Guest Addiitons doesn't accept any clicks

Post by scottgus1 »

The Guest Additions icons for 6.0.14, 6.1.10 and 6.1.18 on XP and 7 VMs don't react to mouse clicks or show popup menus either. Only a tooltip when the mouse is moved on top of the icon, showing the version of GAs installed. (This has been the behavior that I remember for as long as I've used Virtualbox, since 3.2.x days).

If you have a screenshot of GAs that did have a menu appear when the icon was clicked, Please crop and resize to get under the forum's 128kB size limit yet remain readable, then post using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. (This is possible from first day first post.)
Ihor_Bobak

Post by Ihor_Bobak »

Yes, the hint is there if I put the mouse over that icon. So, if this is the expected behavior - sorry for worrying.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

No problem! Glad to have helped.